Hi mommas,My name is Heather and I am a momma myself. I have two homeschooled and very active children. One just became a teenager.
I started this blog because somewhere between Taekwondo and dance classes, school lessons and church activities, I realized how overwhelmed and stressed-out I was becoming. I knew that I needed to find a better way to make my life work without all of the chaos. I knew that I needed to become a calm momma if I wanted a happy family and a happy home. This blog is my journey!
My Highlight Reel
Here are some interesting facts about me:
- I have been homeschooling for 10 years now, but still feel like a newbie sometimes.
- I am an Air Force vet married to an Air Force vet.
- I am from Michigan, my husband is from North Carolina, and we met and married in Colorado where we were both stationed.
- When I was 18, I moved from a small farming town to Orange County, California. What a culture shock!
- I love mysteries and am even trying to write a couple of them myself.
- My husband and I watch a lot of British TV. I mean a lot!
- My favorite actor is Jimmy Stewart and my favorite movie is “It’s A Wonderful Life”, which I make my family watch with me every Christmas Eve.
So, now that you know a little bit about me, I would love to get to know you, too. Feel free to email me any time with questions or comments. You can also find me on social media.
How To Live With Joy & Purpose
We must not, in trying to think about how we can make a big difference, ignore the small daily differences we can make which, over time, add up to big differences that we often cannot foresee." -- Marian Wright Edelman I know that we all go through time when we feel...
Introducing the Nightly Reflection
The Nightly Reflection is a time at the end of everyday for you to process your day and plan for…
New Progress: Toolbox Steps 10 – 14
I am working right along through the Toolbox Steps from "The Change Your Life Challenge" book that I have been reading and blogging about. If you need to catch up just a little bit, you can read last week's post where I explain Toolbox Steps 5-9 here. If you are not...